Smoky Eye Makeup Step by Step – Makeup Guide
Smokey Eyes is the name for a makeup technique that draws a dark-blurred eyeshadow kohl frame around the eye. This will give you beautiful and strong eyes without being too hard. The hues range from the classic look of deep black to medium gray shades. Cosmetic products require two dark shades of powder eyeshadow, an applicator or brush, kohl and mascara.
Smokey Eyes – Step by step:
- First, the entire upper lid is primed and/or powdered so that the eyeshadow holds better.
- Apply some loose powder to the lower eye area before applying the eyeshadow. In this way, you can simply brush away falling eyeshadow particles later.
- Then a dark eyeshadow (black or dark grey) is applied. Start at the outer corner of your eye and stop in the middle of the eyelid. Then the edges are well blurred with a larger brush or cotton swab – this makes the smoky-looking effect.
- Draw a line close to the lash line with a black kohl pencil. In the bottom line, make sure that the colour is applied more heavily at the corners of the eyes than in the middle. How to Avoid “Kulleraugen”. Again, the line is gently blurred with a larger brush or cotton swab.
- For a seductive eye-lift, you should shower the eyelashes vigorously several times. It is best to use black ink.
- Optionally you can apply black kohl in the lower inner eyelid. So the look is even more intense.
- Smokey eyes are already eye-catching enough – the rest of the make-up should, therefore, be subtle!
Smokey eye variations
- Somewhat more punkiger the Smokey-Eye look can be put on only with Kajal. Draw a line and blur the contours with an applicator or your fingertips.
- Less dramatic, but also very pretty Smokey Eyes in brown, green, blue or violet tones.
Smokey eyes for the gala
The classic smokey eye look is dramatic and wicked. He is therefore not suitable as eye makeup for everyday wear. Perfect occasions for Smokey Eyes are: disco, party, gala, theater, red carpet, balls or similar occasions.
Tip: If your eyelids or wrinkles are marked, this make-up technique should not be used as the color would blur too quickly.
- how to do a smokey eye with pictures,
- how to do smokey eye makeup for beginners,
- easy smokey eye for beginners,
- smokey eye tutorial step by step,
- how to do a smokey eye for brown eyes,
- smokey eye makeup with kajal,
- how to do a smokey eye for green eyes,