MIGRAINE: Types, Signs,Causes and Treatment
WHAT IS MIGRAINE?
Types of Migraine:
WHAT CAUSES MIGRAINE?
Causes of Migraine:
Symptoms of Migraine:
There are four stages of Migraine each having different signs and symptoms:
Prodrome: The period of one or two days before the migraine attack:
- Hunger pangs
- Excessive Urination
- Mood Swings
- Redundant Yawning
Migraine Aura: It is the time that is just before the attack:
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty in speaking
- Unnecessary hearing
- Needle sensation
Migraine Attack: Migraine can last for as long as 72 hours. Migraine can either b very rare or very common to experience by the victim, depending on his or her health position.
- Lost vision
- Lightheadedness, seldom accompanied by fainting
- Pain on one side or both sides of the head
- Pain that appears like beating or pulsing
- Nausea and vomiting
- Irritability to light and sounds
Post-drome: The Post drome is a phase when the migraine attack is over and the victim has a feeling of being drained out like totally.
- Mood Swings
- Ticklishness to light and sound
WHAT IS THE TREATMENT FOR MIGRAINE?
TREATMENT FOR MIGRAINE:
Migraine Medication prescribed is normally for the treatment of both symptoms and the attack. Such medication also inhibits the further induction of the migraine attack. These medications are classified into two classes
- Pain-relieving medications: Medication used for the purpose to reduce pain.
- Preventive medications: Medication to prevent the victim from further attacks
- Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen are prescribed because they help in relieving mild migraines. Combination of acetaminophen, aspirin and caffeine is also used to get rid of the pain.
- Ergotamine with the combination of caffeine drugs is effective for a migraine which lasts for more than 48 hours. Dihydroergotamine is an ergotamine derivative and it is now normally used as it has fewer side effects.
- Triptans directly restrict the pain by constricting blood vessels and also treat the symptoms of the migraine. Side effects of triptans involve reactions at the injection section, vomiting, dizziness, sleepiness and muscle weakness.
- Glucocorticoids are combined with other drugs to increasi=e the pain relieving property of the medicine
- Anti-seizure drugs
- Cardiovascular drugs (Beta blockers)
Scientifically Proven: LUNG CANCER: Signs, Causes, Types and Treatments
Health care Administrator is a website designed to accompany you through the process of reconstructing your life.
Our website, Health care Administrator, is here to provide you with daily articles regarding your health and well-being, your fitness, latest style and fashion and makeup requirements. Check out more articles on the website regarding daily life problems to help you from all walks of life.