Instead of avocado and matcha: Pandan is the new healthy trend food
Bye, avocado and matcha! The new trend food is called Pandan and is very healthy for our body. What can the green superfood do?
Pandan is mainly found in the kitchen of East Asia. The green plant, which is called Pandanus amaryllifolius by its full name, is used there as a spice, because it tastes of vanilla and slightly nutty. That is why it is also known as ” East Asian Vanilla “. Popular British TV cook and cookbook author Nigella Lawson has already described Pandan as the new trend food: ” I think it will be the new matcha, ” she told the Independent.
Pandan has many advantages
The tree grows green and gives every food a special touch. Best of all : Pandan is healthy:
- It contains useful active ingredients, such as essential oils, tannin traces, glycosides, alkaloids.
- It heals wounds and diseases, such as smallpox.
- It can relieve chest, head, stomach, earache, arthritis
- It acts like an aphrodisiac.
- The leaves help with sunburn and the treatment of diabetes.
How is Pandan processed?
In some American and British Restaurants pancakes, pastries or is already in Pandan ice offered . You can also refine the rice, fish and meat dishes with the plant and buy them in the form of loose tea . Pandan’s in the well-stocked Asian market or online stores to buy. However, the dry leaves are discouraged because they contain less nutrients. So, grab some fresh pandan.