Flatulence: Causes, Prevention & Treatment!
Flatulence can have many causes – but they can usually be treated with simple means and even prevented. Flatulence results from increased swallowing of air increased gas formation during the digestive processes or a hindered gas flow in the intestine. If one has flatulence, the belly is inflated and feels strained. The accumulated gas produces a feeling of fullness or pressure, sometimes flatulence is also associated with painful intestinal cramps.
Causes of flatulence
Flatulence can have many causes. They usually result from too hasty food or drink or because the gastrointestinal tract has problems in the digestion of the ingested food. Too rich meals that contain cabbage, legumes and other vegetable varieties not only require your intestines but bring them to the brink of their resilience. If too much alcohol, nicotine or coffee are added, flatulence is pre-programmed. Sweets, sugars or sugar substitutes are decomposed by the intestinal bacteria, but more intestinal gas is produced than by the metabolism of healthy food.
Healthy is not necessarily raw food: Especially during the diet change on raw food many people complain about increased bloating raindrops, ie, you should also take care with healthy food that these are easy for you. Sometimes flatulence also causes disturbances in the composition of the digestive juices, as well as stress, anxiety or depressive symptoms.
Prevention of flatulence:
- Eat slowly and chew thoroughly. So less air gets into your stomach, the food gets well with saliva, which your stomach already some work decreases.
- Better take many small meals to yourself and not a few big ones, so each eating process becomes more digestible.
- Avoid bland foods, sweets, alcohol and nicotine. Try to find out what’s going on with you. Not everyone reacts to lentils, peas, beans with unpleasant exhalations of the body. Sometimes fresh whole wheat is not tolerated or yeast biscuits.
- Instead of raw vegetables you taste better cooked, so are often more food tolerated.
- Massive physical exercise prevents flatulence and helps to drive it out again. The short walk after the meal helps with the transport of the food.
Treatment of flatulence
- If you get too tight trousers or a constricting belt, the bowels in your stomach can move better.
- Help also brings a hot water bottle or a warm waist wrap. Anything that generates damp heat is felt by your intestine as helpful. Check to see if you can ease the slight massage clockwise.
- Fennel, cumin or aniseed tea or in drops act against flatulence and bloating. Many other herbal ingredients also exhale and exhale: yellow gentians, ginger, coriander, marjoram, peppermint, wormwood are just some of them.
- Vegetative bittering agents such as gentian root, Thousand ginger or angelica root have a digestion effect; Your pharmacist knows your finished product.
- He can also advise you on antifoam preparations: Dimeticon and the like as a chewable tablet or suspension destroy the gas bubbles in the intestine. Enzyme preparations can possibly help if the digestive power of gastrointestinal juice is diminished – but also ask your doctor.
Normally flatulence disappears after a short period of self-treatment. However, if your symptoms are severe, you do not feel better with the procedures described here, or you suddenly experience flatulence, consult your doctor. It will rule out more serious disorders or diseases such as lactose intolerance, a bile flow disorder, or a chronic inflammatory disease, which may also occur at an advanced age.