Best Way to Treat Acne Naturally
Natural treatments for internal acne treatment
- Intestinal refatting and building the intestinal flora
- Inlet: Within the scope of the intestinal rehabilitation, enemas can also be carried out with a handy irrigator.
Try it! Those affected report an improvement in acne, if a bowel intake with two passes is carried out daily over a period of 1 to 2 weeks.
- Food change to a base-deficient and anti-inflammatory diet from foods with low GL.
- Details were discussed above (“acne and the glycemic load”). Reduce all high-glycemic foods, especially foods containing sugars and carbohydrates.
- Avoid heavily flavoured foods, finished products with glutamate and reduce your salt consumption. Instead of the usual cooking salt, use herbal salt or spices of herbs and nettles.
- Increase the proportion of fresh foods (fruits, vegetables, salads). Look for food with beta-carotene because a vitamin A deficiency is seen along with a zinc deficiency by some professionals in connection with acne. Vitamin A is produced in the body from beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is contained in many vigorously coloured natural foods, In carrots, pumpkin, green leafy vegetables, berries, etc.
- Integrate green smoothies into your diet ( green smoothies ).
- Look for high-quality fats and oils , prefer the anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids in the form of linseed oil or hemp oil for the salad or – as food supplements – chiasaat and krill oil .
Avoid refined oils, but also sunflower oil and / or thistle oil.
Also avoid inferior animal fats from milk and sausage products, margarine trans fats and meat from animals fed with cereals (not grass / hay).
Use coconut oil for frying.
- Drink 2.5 liters of pure spring water and / or herbal tea every day, because this can promote the excretion of slags through the kidneys and the intestine and thus does not have to be detoxified via the skin.
- Increase the daily consumption of dietary fiber with the help of coconut flour or psyllium husk powder .
- Check for possible cow’s milk or iodine intolerance.
- Give your body the opportunity to deacidify , detoxify and detoxify. Information on deacidification can be found here: acids and bases
- Increase your sleep quality and quantity: Lack of sleep leads to increased inflammation and increased cortisol production. Cortisol, in turn, can lead to acne breakouts by raising the blood glucose level and stimulating the sebaceous glands.
- Reduce stress: Negative emotions and stress are associated with increased production of inflammatory cytokines.
Stress also increases the production of cortisol in the adrenal glands.
Chronic stress affects the adrenal glands over time and can lead to an underactive thyroid gland .
However, underactive thyroid gland leads to an increased release of androgens and thus to acne.
- Increase your antioxidant intake: To manage stress and sleep deficit better, you should increase your antioxidant intake. Also the pathogenic bacteria occurring in acne cause oxidative stress (free radicals), from which inflammation can develop.
Free radicals can damage skin cells and impede a healthy new tissue growth, resulting in a longer healing period after an acne breakout with papules, cysts and pustules. High quality and natural antioxidants reduce oxidative stress and eliminate the harmful radicals. Valuable antioxidants are: astaxanthin, glutathione and OPC.
- Oily skin and unsuitable cosmetics are considered as risk factors for acne. Both the natural skin fat and cosmetics can clog the skin’s pores and thus enhance acne. Skin acne treatments can be found below (“Natural Acne Treatment”).
Take into account that acne is less common. In any case, be careful not to use soaps or skin care products that contain harmful chemicals, which can then lead to skin problems or exacerbate them.
Natural treatments for external acne treatment
Acne is a disease that comes from the inside. It reflects the imbalance in the interior. A treatment that concentrates only on the outside CAN NOT lead to a lasting success.
The following natural measures for acne are therefore not to be considered alone. Instead, they complement the holistic acne therapy highly sensibly.
Tea tree oil for acne
One of the best and most effective antibacterial natural remedies is tea tree oil. Since bacteria are also known to be involved in acne, an antibacterial component is very useful for effective therapy.
A drop of tea tree oil is diluted with a teaspoon of water and dabbed on the skin. The acne lesions no longer occur in the usual extent to the outbreak, and the number of infectious and painful cysts decreases.
Bentonite in acne
The function of the bentonite can be excellent for acne. A mask with bentonite can be applied several times a week. To do this, mix bentonite with water and a few drops of tea tree oil to form a paste which must not be too liquid.
The mask should be painted as thick as possible on the affected skin areas and washed off after at least 30 minutes to 2 hours. The mask must never dry on the skin.
Lemon juice and rose water for acne
Lemon juice and rose water should be applied directly to the skin and rinsed with cold water after about 10 minutes. Lemon juice is a natural astringent (a cohesive, healing agent) and a mildly antibacterial natural substance.
The rose water acts as a refreshing and regenerating skin toner and at the same time relieves the acidity of the lemon water .
Peppermint for acne
Another natural strategy against acne is bruised mint. Mash fresh peppermint leaves, apply them directly to the skin and wash them with cold water after about ten minutes.
Peppermint reduces acne , because it contains menthol, which naturally alleviates pain and inhibits inflammation.
Silicon in acne
Silicon gel is a skin tonic that protects the skin’s resilience and elasticity against all kinds of negative influences. Silicon gel can be applied internally and externally.
It therefore has a double effect on damaged skin, since it restores the health of the skin from inside and outside.
Silicon gel is effective in abscesses, pimples, eczema, rashes, infiltrating furuncles, and many other skin problems because it increases the skin’s resistance to infections and promotes the development of the skin tissue.
Read here: What can cause silicon deficiency
Coconut oil for acne
Native organic coconut oil is considered an excellent personal care oil. With its nourishing, moisturizing and antimicrobial properties, it also makes some problem skin delicate, smooth and supple. Even with acne, the coconut oil can be incorporated into the therapy since its antibacterial fatty acids can be proven to fight acne bacteria.
However, not every skin type is suitable for the care with coconut oil. We have described in the following link, which type of skin is made for the face care with coconut oil and with which type of skin you first have to take certain measures to be able to use the coconut for the face care: coconut oil in the face care
Remove acne scars
Your acne has disappeared with the help of holistic therapy? Then perhaps you just want to remove the sometimes-receding memories of the acne – the acne scars.
There are many chemical and natural remedies for scar removal, but they all seem to be worse than right. The removal straight from older scars is extremely difficult.
However, the best experience seems to be with herbs. A so-called “Schwedenbitter” can be bought in the pharmacy or – with the appropriate Swedish herbs (also pharmacy or medicinal herbs shop) itself. The Swedish bitterness is spotted several times a day on the scars.
For sensitive skin it is advisable to spread the affected areas with a greasy cream. The treatment is lengthy but often crowned with success. Sometimes the scars become smooth, but do not disappear completely. However, the longer you go through the therapy, the more unimpressive the scars should be.
Conclusion: While acne may have a genetic component, as with most other diseases, the lifestyle is influenced by the lifestyle, which is practically under your control. Do not wait for dermatologists to recognize the potential for natural, holistic solutions. Do it yourself!
Your education as a holistic nutrition consultant
Healthy eating is your passion? Do you love the basic, natural diet? You would like to understand the connections between our food and our health from a holistic perspective? You want nothing more than to make all your knowledge about health and nutrition to your profession?
The Academy of Natural History educates people like you in 12 to 18 months as a specialist consultant for holistic health. If you would like to know more about the Fernstudium at the Academy of Natural History, you will find all the details as well as feedback from current and former participants.