Alternate breathing: The exercise against sleep problems and inner unrest
Sleep problems, excitement, restlessness – those who control the change of breathing are armed against these problems. The exercise is easy to learn and soothes immediately.
Recently, I was sitting on the plane. I would not say directly that I have Flugangst, but let’s say it is so: Flying is not exactly my hobby. Now I found myself unfortunate at the time of the first autumn storm on the return flight from the holiday. Ten minutes after the start, the turmoil that lasted until the landing three hours later began. I know that the plane is the safest means of transport. But with every air hole my heart began to feel crazy. This is not only unpleasant, but in the long run also very strenuous for the body.
So I remembered a technique that my yoga teacher once showed me .
I counted quietly to four, to eight, to six. And I noticed how my heartbeat had calmed down after the first round. Although I myself did not believe it, the change was immediate. I felt a kind of inner calm throughout the flight.
The alternate breathing is also called Anuloma Viloma and belongs to the basic breathing exercises in yoga . It soothes the mind instantly and thus helps not only against inner restlessness and nervousness, but also against sleep disturbances.
The aim of the exercise is to concentrate only on the breath and to arrive at its very own. The body relaxes automatically, the heart rate calms down and we feel emotionally balanced.
This is how the alternating breathing works
- Sit upright in the tailoring seat. Make sure you sit comfortably.
- Flap Show finger and middle finger of the right hand at the thumb ball. This is called the Vishnu Mudra.
- With thumb and ring finger, you will gently close the nostrils during the exercise.
- Breathe deeply, relax her shoulders, close her eyes, breathe again.
- Close the right nostril with the thumb and breathe on the left side as you count up to four.
- Close both nostrils and hold the air for eight seconds.
- Open the right nostril and breathe out quietly while you count to six.
- Keep the left nostril closed, breathe right again while you count to four.
Repeat the procedure: alternately breathe out and inhale on a nose hole, stop air, repeat on the other side.
Important: There should be no pressure. If you realize that the air stops you, do not force yourself, but shorten the time on your own until you feel comfortable.
Repeat the exercise some rounds. You will notice that you feel much more relaxed and relaxed. Therefore the breathing exercise is also ideal as a sleep aid.
By the way, the alternating breathing is also to help prevent colds and hay fever and asthma . The airways relax, the body draws strength and the immune system is strengthened.
Scientifically Proven: Groin Pain: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Treatment
Healthcare Administrator is a website designed to accompany you through the process of reconstructing your life.